DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LEATHER AND LEATHERETTE
Today, many of us often use accessories such as wallets, bags, shoes and jackets made of genuine leather. Although we like these leather products, we can sometimes be deceived by not understanding the difference between artificial and real leather. Therefore, in this article, we will talk about the differences between real leather and artificial leather. Distinguishing between genuine leather and artificial leather is essential for us to become a conscious consumer. Because we can pay products more than necessary by assuming genuine leather just because of the brand. This causes us to have problems in the future. Because artificial products deteriorate quickly and wear out.
So what is the difference between these two raw materials?
- First of all, it is necessary to pay attention to the price issue. Some products cannot be considered genuine leather because they are expensive. Therefore, one should not be misled in terms of price.
- The smell of the skin product taken is very important. Genuine leather has a unique smell. Since the raw material of artificial leather is plastic, it will smell of plastic.
- When artificial leather is set on fire, it immediately catches fire due to the plastic in its raw material. Genuine leather does not ignite immediately.
- There are pores on the real skin. There is no such thing in artificial leather.
- Stitches on real skin will not be error free. The cutting places are not tassels, they will be perfect.
- The real skin has a soft texture.
- Real leather can be used for many years without deterioration. Artificial leather, on the other hand, will begin to suffer damage soon.
Therefore, if you want to buy genuine leather, you should definitely pay attention to these details. We especially recommend you to smell the products.